I THINK AND WRITE. 01 What is grammar in a complex sentence?

I THINK AND WRITE. 01

What is grammar in a complex sentence?

One of the best ways to develop your communication skills yourself is that to know to construct complex sentences at various situations.


"While an eagle can pick a deer that is more weight than the eagle, why is it impossible to pick your small goat that is roaming here and there on the street?"

This is a kind of complex sentence. 


Do you know how many sentences have been spinned here?


Let's drill grammar a bit to get the solution.


"Why is it impossible to pick your goat?" - is a main clause.

Others all are subordinate clauses. 

"While an eagle can pick a deer" - is an adverbial subordinate clause. 

"That is more weight than the eagle" - is an adjectival subordinate clause. 

"That is roaming here and there on the street" - is an another one adjectival subordinate.


You have to know here that a bunch of sentences those are being together with proper connections with each other and express a meaning is called complex sentence.

You can't express the expression seen above in a single breath unless making a complex sentence.


See another one.

"The pen that was presented you by me was presented by my head master when I was doing my tenth standard since I had performed extremely on a stage addressing."

Here, Let's do the same drill as we have done for the earlier one.

"The pen was presented by my H.M" -  is a main clause.

"That was presented you by me" - is an adjectival subordinate clause.

"When I was doing my tenth standard" - is an adverbial subordinate clause.

"Since I had performed extremely on a stage addressing" - is an another one adverbial subordinate clause.

------

We'll meet an another occasion in this blog. Put your comments here.

Thanks

MAHENDIRAN V

MAHENDIRAN GLOBAL ENGLISH

AN ONLINE COACH OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE

9842490745

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADMISSION GOES ON FOR OUR ONLINE ENGLISH COACHING CLASS